Corela recruitment have are delighted to be working with Northern Ireland’s largest charity, to recruit for Team leaders in the Lisburn area.
The charity’s mission is to empower lives that are valued, meaningful and inclusive, regardless of the complexity of their needs.
Purpose of the role:
Each Team Leader will work as part of a dedicated team to provide a consistently high-quality active support service within a caring environment, ensuring that both service users and staff are treated with dignity and respect. Working in The Supported Living Services is incredibly challenging but equally rewarding . The service is a supported living setting that facilitates a bespoke placement for individuals with complex needs that includes, ill mental health, learning disability, and autism coupled with behaviours that challenge.
Some of the responsibilities include:
– To plan, co-ordinate and implement the safe transition of new Service Users into service and community where necessary in consultation with the MDT
– To liaise with Service User families and relevant members of multi-disciplinary teams, community groups and voluntary bodies with the aim of promoting the Service User needs
– To coordinate the planning, development and implementation of individual care and support plans to enhance and maximise the capabilities and independence of the Service Users.
– To coordinate ongoing assessment and review in a regular and systematic basis through the completion of suitable assessment models.
– To take the lead in challenging and complex situations and ensure the safety of service users and staff through the appropriate management of violence and aggression
– To have a full working knowledge of positive behavioural support and systems theory and to be able to exercise judgement in identifying and addressing complex behaviours where a range of options and the implications of each of these have to be considered.
– To always act in the best interests of the Service User, including taking timely action if the service users wellbeing is jeopardised. This includes having a working knowledge of Safeguarding procedure and acting accordingly if concerns arise.
– To participate in the Company’s performance management process.
– To adhere to and model the company values, behaviours and competencies at all times.
– The service is staffed 24/7. Our leads complete on average 2 sleepover shifts per week and then a mix of admin and direct work with service users.
Experience and qualifications required:
Knowledge of mental health/learning disabilities/ autism and ONE of the following qualifications:
– Professional social work qualification.
– Professional nursing qualification.
– Allied Health professional qualification.
– Masters in Behavioural Analysis.
– Special educational needs teaching qualification.
– Psychology degree with 2 years paid employment in a learning disability or mental health setting;
– Level 5 diploma in Leadership in health & social care and 2 years paid employment with supervisory experience:
– Successful completion of QCF 3 with 2 years supervisory experience and willing to complete QCF 5 within 18 months of employment
– Good interpersonal skills
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Excellent Organizational skills
– Physically capable to fulfil the requirements of the role.
– Good computer skills
– Calm and level-headed
– Ability to use initiative
– Approachable and understanding
– Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with challenging situations
In return, you can expect:
– Salary range: £26900- £35000(depending on experience and qualifications)- Where the role requires overnight sleep-ins, an additional minimum payment of £45/night applies.
– Occupational sick pay scheme
– Annual leave that increases with length of service
– Employer funded healthcare for you and your family members
– Confidential counselling services
– Early access to earned wages
– Eye test vouchers
– Pension plan
– Death in service scheme
– Compassionate culture
– Comprehensive training and 24/7 team support
– Career progression opportunities
– Cycle to work scheme
– Long service awards
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com