Corela Recruitment are delighted to have partnered with one of Northern Ireland’s leading charities to help with the recruitment of Support Workers for their Lisburn Service. Their mission is to support individuals and families living with disability, autism and brain injury to live the lives they choose.
If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of others and caring for people we would love to meet you!
The role of Support worker requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user. Support Workers assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities. This is all done in accordance with the service users individual personal care and support needs.
In order to be successful for the role, you will need:
– Good numeracy and literacy skills
- at least 6 months previous caring experience
– Interest in working with people in a caring environment
– The right to work within the UK
– Able to provide 2 satisfactory references, of which one must be from your current or most recent employer
– Registered with NISCC or willingness to register once appointed
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all work within the scheme is service user focused and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and choice.
- Deliver individual person centred programmes of support, for example, support with personal care, meals, social activities, and some light domestic support. Promote independence with service users where appropriate
- Work in collaboration with Line Manager to assess individual service user needs.
- Report any changes in, or concerns about, individual service users to their line manager.
- Ensure daily records of work carried out are maintained within Service User files and maintain all other records as required.
- Comply with organisations Health and Safety Policy.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to themselves and others.
- Willingness to undertake mandatory training.
- Willingness to partake in personal development.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Committed to ensuring the provision of high quality person centred services
In return you can expect:
· Pay rate starting at £10.30/hour
· Annual Leave 5.6 weeks in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
· Paid breaks
· Free tea and coffee
· Recognition & Reward scheme available to all staff in the course of their work
· Paid annual NISCC registration fees
· Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
· Enhanced rate of pay for working on bank holidays
· Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
· Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
· Cycle to work scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
· Health Cashback Scheme
· Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org