Corela recruitment have partnered with a well-established organisation form the voluntary sector to recruit for support workers for their Bangor service.
The organisation offers direct provision for people with disabilities including both physical and learning disabilities. We provide a range of services to enable people with disabilities to live as independently as possible and to experience choice and inclusion in society.
We are currently recruiting for full time and part time roles.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and maintain up to date individualised Support Plans which are appropriate to the specific needs of the service user and which encourages development of full potential.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the service user’s needs and ensure that these are recorded and communicated effectively and accurately.
- Actively promote the development of each individual using a holistic approach which demonstrates an understanding of their personal, physical, emotional, spiritual and developmental needs.
- Empower each individual service user to be as independent as possible whilst recognising that emotional and practical support may be required to achieve this aim.
- Manage a supportive partnership with the service user’s family/advocate and significant others which promotes excellent communication to meet the needs of the individual.
In order to be successful for the role you will need:
- GCSE Maths and English
- HSC Level 2 – Care(or equivalent),or willing to work towards achieving
- Clear driving licence with at least two years driving experience
- Experience of working for 6 months in a caring role
- Ability to manage emotionally and physically challenging behaviour
- Ability to identify needs of service users and staff
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Good knowledge of adult Social Care and Supported Living services
In return, you can expect:
– Hourly rate starting at £10.56/h
– Paid NISCC registration fees
– Free AccessNI
– Flexible working hours
– Opportunity for further training, including NVQ level 2, 3 and 4
– Company pension
– Free parking
– Refer a friend bonus scheme
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org