Corela recruitment have partnered with Ireland’s leading provider of therapeutic residential care for children, to recruit for Senior Practitioners, across Co Cavan.
The company offer an excellent remuneration package with a salary up to €45000/year(inclusive of sleep in allowance) and a range of other benefits including:
– Occupational sick pay scheme
– Exceptional training opportunities
– Annual appraisal and pay review
– Management training programmes
Qualification and experience required:
Minimum of 2 years previous experience working within Children’s residential and a degree in one following:
– Youth and community work
– Social sciences
– Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy
***Please note, a full driving licence is required to carry out the required duties***
• Excellent communication skills, highly articulate verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience
• Self-motivated, well organized, and capable of delivering reports and deadlines
• Leadership to motivate staff within a rapidly changing environment
• Skills in finance and budget management
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Resourceful and able to think clearly under pressure
• Computer literate
• Assertive but empathetic, a good listener with non-defensive approach
Main responsibilities of the role:
• To promote a caring, nurturing environment to best meet the needs of our young people
• participate in all aspects of RSW/RSCW role as per job description
• To assist in Auditing Keywork to ensure it is in line with IDP
• To carry out specific mentoring pieces of work under the direction of management
• To complete “in house” inductions with new staff.
• To oversee budgets, i.e., clothing, holiday, family access, Christmas, birthdays etc., including requesting monies from the organisation and processing receipts for return.
• Role Modelling for all staff and young people
• To undertake Supervision, both formal and informal and weekly check in with staff
• To attend and contribute to planning meetings, statutory reviews, management meetings and other meetings as required, representing the home in a positive fashion and where necessary, acting as an advocate for the child and their family
• Identified liaison person for After Care within the Home
• Designated Liaison Person (DLP) for Child Protection within the Home
• Undertake Foundation Programme in Sexual Health Promotion (FPSHP) training and be the responsible person within the Home.
• Work alongside Management Team
• Participate in Management On-call rota
• To help create and develop links between the home and the local community and thereby facilitate the involvement of the young people in outside activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com