Corela Recruitment are delighted to have partnered with one of Northern Ireland’s leading charities to help with the recruitment of a Registered Manager on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Please note, the role is fixed term contract until January 2023.
Main purpose of the role:
The Registered Manager will be registered with RQIA and be accountable for ensuring the service meets The Residential Care Homes Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005 and DHSSPS Residential Care Homes Minimum Standards, August 2011.
They will be responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of personalised care plans and individual risk assessments to meet individual needs and must ensure the delivery of quality care and manage budgets and resources effectively.
Qualifications and experience required:
– A professional Social Work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition. OR
– A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register. OR
– An allied health professional registered with the Health Professional Council. AND
– A minimum of four years’ work experience in any health or social care setting with people who have significant needs. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
– A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be eligible for registration on appointment AND
– A minimum of five years’ practice experience in any Health and Social Care, at least three years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
– Experience of managing within a Registered/Regulated Service.
– Working knowledge of the service user group as specified under the Service Registration category (Learning Disability)
– Demonstrate experience and knowledge of the following:
1. Resource & Budget Management
2. Effective communication and use of IT skills
The company offers:
· Salary range between £34000-£37500/annum
· Starting on 35 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
· The company offers an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
· Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
· Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
· Parking available
· Paid annual NISCC/NMC registration fees
· Occupational Sick Pay (after 6 months service)
· Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
· Health Cashback Scheme
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure compliance with contract specification and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to the process of assessment of referrals as and when required. This will require you to meet and work with new referrals in their current home that may be a hospital environment.
- Coordinate admissions of individuals to the service.
- ·Ensure awareness and implementation of appropriate application of The Human Rights Act.
- Take responsibility for coordinating risk assessments, ensuring that they are reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all relevant care/ support plans are in place, accurate, up to date and adhered to by the staff team.
- Manage high standards of personalised support and care for individual service users within their home.
- Ensure all services are subject to regular audit and implement required corrective action to ensure quality objectives are met
- Complete monthly audits of adverse incidents and identify trends.
- ·Ensure compliance with the company’s ISO quality management system.
- ·Ensure systematic monitoring of all health and safety issues, to include risk assessment and reporting on complaints and adverse incidents.
- Establish benchmarking activity to enable comparative analysis and identification of potential areas for improvement
- Track and manage sick leave
- Work with line manager to establish service budget and report against expenditure.
- Ensure that the service operates to agreed budgets.
- Produce weekly statistics by deadline
- Ensure adherence to the company’s procedure and guidance on managing service user finances
- Produce and manage the staff rota in line with resident needs and service resources
- Check timesheets and submit relevant statistics by deadline
- Complete absence records for payroll
- Work with the Head of Service to ensure that appropriately qualified and experienced staff are recruited in accordance with the organisation’s quality management system and standards set by the Regulatory Body (RQIA)
- Work with the Head of Service to ensure that staffing meets the standards and levels as set out in the Statement of Purpose of the service.
- Provide leadership to the team, always acting as a positive role model.
- Ensure that all staff complete a full induction in accordance with the company’s quality management system and standards set by the Regulatory Body.
- Effectively apply the probation process and contribute to decisions regarding ongoing employment of staff.
- Provide regular supervision and appraisal of staff performance in respect of the deputy manager, team leaders and support workers ensuring that adequate precautions are taken to maintain the safety and wellbeing of both service users and staff.
- Work with senior management to establish the service and ensure it meets the specification and standards required by all stakeholders.
- Work to and exhibit the organisation’s vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that all actions are in the interests of both the people receiving services and the company
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to the Codes of Practice associated with professional bodies (e.g., NISCC, NMC etc.) and the company’s staff handbook.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com