Corela recruitment are delighted to recruit for Learning Disabilities Care assistants in the Ballymena area.
If you are looking to enhance your practice with specific trainings such as MAPA and Safety Intervention Training, as well as excellent pay rates (starting at £11.50/hour), look no further.
Purpose of the role:
Meeting the daily needs of the residents using a positive behavior, person- centered approach, helping the residents fulfill their potential.
We deliver a homely environment providing each resident with the highest quality of care by using a positive behavior person centered approach. We want to enable residents to have opportunities for life enrichment using an approach tailored to meet each individual and enhance, then maintain quality of life.
The care assistant will work as part of a team, including Registered Manager, Deputy Manager, Team Leaders and Activity Co- Ordinator’s.
To be successful for this role, you will need:
– A satisfactory level of numeracy and literacy
– At least 6 months experience working in a regulated care or support environment
– Can work as part of a team
– Good prioritization skills
– Good communication skills
– Compassionate and Caring
– Honest and Reliable
In return you can expect:
– Pay rate starting at £11.50/hour
– 5.6 weeks Annual Leave per annum on a pro rata basis
– Pension auto enrollment
– Enhanced rates for public holidays
– Enhanced rate for overtime
– Opportunity to apply for accredited training after successful completion of probation period.
– Learn and develop new skills such as Safety Intervention training, Positive Behavior Support, Understanding and working with Autism, Mental Health Awareness, Mental Health First Aid, Mindfulness Coaching, and also Human Rights training.
– Support to complete Northern Ireland Social Care Council Induction Work and Continued Professional Development.
– Free refreshments provided when on shift
– Payment of Access NI and NISCC
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com