Corela recruitment have partnered with Ireland’s leading provider of therapeutic residential care for children.
We are now recruiting for experienced managers across Co Monaghan, Co Cavan and Co Leitrim
The company offers an excellent remuneration package with salary up to £50000/year, and a range of other benefits including:
– Occupational sick pay scheme
– Exceptional training opportunities
– Annual appraisal and pay review
– Management training programmes
Main purpose of the role:
To manage the home in accordance with its Statement of Purpose and to ensure the maintenance of a safe and caring environment in accordance with relevant childcare legislation, national standards and the company’s policies and procedures
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
– To ensure that all care practices comply with relevant childcare legislation, National Standards for Children’s Residential Centres and best practice.
– To actively promote, participate in and ensure the provision of high standards of physical care, hygiene and safety for all children resident in the Home.
– To manage the home so as to meet as far as possible the expressed needs of the individual children, and to promote positive outcomes for them.
– To participate in the pre-admission and admission processes to ensure that the placement needs of the child are fully identified and individual care plans in place to meet these needs.
– To ensure that individual care plans are developed, implemented and monitored in accordance with agreed standards.
– To provide leadership and guidance. (ii) To organize and manage staff on a day to day basis in order to maintain 24 hours staff cover and consistent care.
– To assist in the induction of new staff so that they can acquire an understanding of their role and responsibilities.
– To provide professional supervision to staff and participate in staff appraisal in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
– To ensure effective communication within the staff team regarding operational practice, including systematic handovers between relevant staff, accurate and detailed recording by all staff, and regular staff meetings.
– To assist with budgetary control in terms of verifying monthly returns, mileage sheets and accounts for payment where required.
– To ensure that financial procedures re: children’s allowances, pocket money, clothing etc are adhered to by staff within the home. (iii) To ensure petty cash policy is adhered to by staff within the home and the completion of monthly petty cash returns to the Financial Controller.
– To promote high standards of child care practice.
– To take appropriate action to deal immediately with poor practice and to report to the Operations Manager when aware of such practice in any circumstances.
– To continually develop own professional knowledge and skills, by participating in supervision, attending courses and study days to develop and broaden awareness and skills in accordance with the Homes’ staff development and training plan.
– To participate in a duty rota and undertake sleeping-in duties as required.
– To supervise students where appropriate (subject to completion of practice teacher or similar training).
Qualifications and experience required:
· Min level 8 degree in Social Care (and social work) & 5 years’ experience of working in a social care grade in childcare OR
· Level 7 & Management qualification and 5 years’ experience
· Driving Licence
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org