Corela recruitment have partnered with a well-established organisation form the voluntary sector to recruit for a Accommodation and Community Support Worker for the Belfast area.
Purpose of the role:
Supporting those affected by homelessness through the delivery of support activities in the setting. Ensuring the full delivery of the NIHE Supporting People and Housing Benefit requirements
Some of the responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Project Workers and using the referral information gathered, provide a warm welcome for clients.
- Support residents during their induction period within the Hostel and enable residents to understand and adhere to Residents Guidelines throughout their stay.
- Actively promote the development each individual using a holistic approach which demonstrates an understanding of their personal, physical, emotional, spiritual and development needs.
- Help each service user devise a support plan to reflect their needs and desired outcomes and meet the requirements of the NIHE Supporting People standards.
- Monitor and record the progress made by the service user in achieving their agreed goals in their individual Support Plan.
- Actively always demonstrate a highly positive and caring attitude to all residents.
- Assess residents’ housing and support needs and implement an agreed plan to ensure they can remain living at home as long as it is safe to do so
- Support residents to find appropriate accommodation, understand their tenancy agreement and maintain their tenancy.
- Provide guidance and support in applying for housing points, benefits and grants enabling and assisting the service user to move house when appropriate.
Qualifications and experience required:
- NVQ/QCF level 3 or equivalent in Health and Social care OR commitment to work towards a level 3 once appointed in post.
- A minimum of 6 months relevant experience (paid or voluntary) of supporting people with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting
- Awareness of the legislative requirements for working with adults at risk of harm or in need of protection.
- Ability to work as part of a team and alongside client groups with different needs.
- Computer literate and in particular working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Flexibility in hours of work and ability to cover shifts as necessary
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com